Little League Umpiring 101.com
Congratulations! You made it through the 2016 spring season!
Time now (for most of us) to take a break from Little League and enjoy other activities. Unless you plan to umpire in the various summer and fall youth leagues. If so, you came to the right place!
Little League Umpiring 101.com was developed for new and beginning umpires (< 3 years experience) to help you learn quickly and have fun while doing it.
Pick and read the topics you need. Whether you're umpiring for the first time or refreshing your skills from past seasons, you'll find simplified descriptions on how to umpire, applying Little League rules and instructional videos to help you ...
Learn the essentials and advanced techniques
- Base umpiring mechanics and working with other umpires as a team
- How to call and manage a game as a home plate umpire
- Useful umpiring tips and tricks from veteran umpires
- Read and share fun stories about kids and umpiring in the 7th Inning Stretch
Grow your skills
- Read umpiring tips from past seasons and come back for new, monthly additions when the 2017 Little League season starts again in February.
Umpiring Little League is a tremendous opportunity to contribute to your community and serve as a role model to its kids. I hope this site helps you in that endeavor - from the opening day pitch and throughout the season.
Have fun. Play ball!